Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Creamy Pasta with Salmon & Peas


This recipe is based on a Pasta Carbonara Recipe from a Forum Thermomix member, known as Rainbow. I have adapted it so much, that I now call it my own.

I was halfway through demolishing this when I remembered that I should take a photo! It was so delicious. I asked my darling husband what he thought and his response was, 'It's the best pasta I've ever had'.
Coming from someone who usually just says, 'That was good', that is incredibly high praise indeed.

Creamy Pasta with Salmon & Peas
Can serve up to 4


50g Parmesan Cheese
2 shallots, peeled and halved (or half an onion)
1 garlic clove, peeled
40g butter
150g Fettuccine pasta
350g warm water
200g cream (or a mix of milk and cream cheese)
100g white wine
2 heaped tsp fish stock powder (chicken will do)

1 beaten egg (doesn't make a difference if you leave it out)
1/2 cup frozen peas
Cracked Black Pepper

2 to 3 pieces Atlantic Salmon
Lemon Pepper (or any seasoning you like),
Lemon Juice

First, crumble the Parmesan by chopping on speed 7 for 5 seconds or so until finely ground. Set aside.
Don't wash the bowl.
Place shallots and garlic into bowl and chop on speed 5 for a few seconds.
Add butter and sauté for 4 minutes, Varoma, speed 1. You can reduce the butter, but I love butter...
Add remaining ingredients except for egg, peas and pepper and cook on Reverse, 100, speed soft for 13 minutes.
Add beaten egg, (or forget to add it, as I quite often do) peas and pepper and cook for 2 minutes, Reverse, 100, speed soft for 2 more minutes. Place into ThermoServer and sprinkle half of the reserved Parmesan over the top.

Don't wash the bowl. Add 500g hot water to bowl and place Salmon into Varoma Tray. Sprinkle with seasoning and lemon juice. Steam on Varoma, speed 2 for 7 minutes or until done to your liking.

Top Pasta with salmon and serve with a green salad and remaining Parmesan Cheese.

Salmon can also be flaked and added to pasta to make the meal go further.

No comments:

Post a Comment