Monday, June 2, 2014

Flourless Microwave Chocolate Pudding

I've seen recipes for these chocolate puddings in a mug all over the internet and have never succumbed. However, tonight, I just couldn't help myself, I NEEDED Chocolate Pudding! I looked at quite a few recipes and ended up making up my own. I like the idea of flour free, so decided to use almonds instead of flour.
Neither my DH or I could eat a whole one, so I would now split this recipe and make two puddings in small cups or mugs.
I like to use a cup and saucer for this. Make sure you choose one that can go in the microwave.

Picture shows full recipe in a large cup

Flourless Microwave Chocolate Pudding
(Makes 2) 
The Bush Gourmand

35g (2 Tbsp) fresh almonds (hazelnuts would also work)
10g (2 Tbsp) cocoa or cacao
3 Tbsp coconut or rapadura sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp thin cream or full cream milk

Add almonds, cocoa and sugar to bowl of Thermomix or food processor. Grind on speed 9 for 10 seconds in Thermomix or process until fine. Scrape down.
Add egg and cream and blend again. Using spatula, scrape into two cups.
Place in microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Serve on the saucer with cream and ice cream.

Note: Microwave ovens vary in power. You may need to experiment. Start with 1 minute 30 seconds and increase if necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment